Tuesday 3 June 2014

Riding for Heart

With clear sunny skies, Sunday, June 1st, was a perfect day for cyclists to take over the highways in downtown Toronto for the Becel Ride for Heart, an annual fundraiser for the Heart & Stroke Foundation.  It was a unique perspective of the Gardiner and DVP expressways, and arguably, the best ride I ever had on those particular roads.  I mean, why be stuck in a car when you could be free on your bike, right?!

It was quite the collection of cyclists out and about that morning indeed.  Besides the usual 2 wheeled bicycles, I saw a unicycle, several recumbant bicycles, tandem bicycles, an elliptical bike and bicycles towing children in carriers along for the ride as well.  Truly an event for all ages and all abilities.  

I cycled the 75km in 2:54:10 which I'm quite happy with as I had aimed at breaking the 3 hour mark on this course.  And to top it all off, to date I've fundraised $730 for this event for the Heart & Stroke Foundation! A big thank you goes out to all my supporters for their generousity.  Hopefully, we can do it all again next year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment