Friday 27 June 2014

Power Snacking


People often ask me what I eat before a triathlon brick workout or one of my ultimate frisbee games.  A pre-workout snack should be nutritious, quick to prep, easily digested, and of course, delicious.  I like to make mine myself, as homemade and unprocessed is always best for our bodies.  So here is a quick snack recipe that will get you through any workout or game without leaving your tummy feeling too full: 

- mashed ripe banana 
- few chopped dates 
- low-fat vanilla yogurt 
- tbsp of flax seeds  
- mix in bowl and eat immediately.  

It's ready to go in less than 5min and totally yummy.  This recipe contains a balance of the necessary carbs (banana, dates), protein (yogurt) and healthy fats (flax seeds) that your body needs for athletic performance and healthy development.  I like bananas in particular for potassium and dates for fiber.  But you can use whatever fruit you prefer.  

People have a wide variety of tastes and tolerances, and should experiment to find what works for them, but I thought I’d share my favourite sports snack here for those that asked. So try this food for fuel, or your own creation, (and don't forget your waterbottle of course) and I’ll see you on the field! 


No comments:

Post a Comment