Saturday 1 February 2014

The mind-body-spirit connection - Exercise to feel and think better.


Just like laughter, exercise can also be the best medicine.  Suffering from a case of the mid-winter blues? Grab your running shoes and hit the gym, it will do you wonders. A good workout will release endorphins and other feel-good hormones that will lift your mood and spirit.  Sometimes when I'm stuck on a problem with work/school or friends, I find a good run or swim will help clear my mind and help me think things through much better.  If I'm feeling angry an intense kickboxing workout or hard swinging tennis match helps me deal with the negativity in an appropriate way.  A good workout won't necessarily solve all your problems but it just might help cheer you up, center you and re-focus your mind, and there's definitely no harm in that!

No comments:

Post a Comment