Monday 2 September 2013

Ontario Women's Triathlon 2013

My second triathlon of the season was the Ontario Women's Triathlon, held at Kelso Lake, in Milton, Ontario on Sept 1.

It seems like my race time keeps improving, and I'm really happy with my performance as I finally broke 1:30:00.  I had a personal best of 1:29:38 and placed 6th overall in my age group.  Here's the race breakdown:
750m Swim 17:20, T1 + 20km Bike + T2 46:00, 5km Run 26:19

In my continued racing improvment efforts, I finally upgraded my road bike for a proper specialized racing bike and the results are obvious.  Not only did it help my cycling portion, but the lightweight frame meant my legs were less tired during the run and I shaved another 1.5min off my run.

Swim, Bike, Run!!! I love this sport!




No comments:

Post a Comment