Tuesday 27 August 2013

Toronto Island Triathlon 2013 Results


As part of the MultiSport Canada Triathlon series (http://www.multisportcanada.com/) the Toronto Island Triathlon was held this past Sunday.  The weather was a perfect sunny 17C in the morning and 27C later in the afternoon, and light winds made for excellent racing conditions. 

I’m happy to say that I had a great race time of 1:35:30.  A big improvement over last year. Here’s my race breakdown: 
750m Swim 19:08, (T1 3:21) 20km Bike 44:23, (T2 0:57) 5km Run 27:44.   

All the time spent cycling really paid off, as I shaved 8 min off my bike time, which I’m most pleased with.  And it seems those elastic laces really did speed up my T1 time after all, so kudos to them.  I’m excited about my upcoming race at Kelso Lake next weekend. Maybe if I push it just a little harder I can finally break that 1:35:00 mark.  Here’s hoping! 


And here are some action shots for fun:


No comments:

Post a Comment