Thursday 19 July 2018

Unfinished Business

After some rest, recovery and reflection on my performance at Ironman 70.3 Muskoka, I've decided that I want to take another swing at breaking the 6h mark for my half-iron distance this season. When I set a goal for myself I become very fixated on it, and I kept thinking about it all week.  After talking it over with a few people, none of whom talked me out of it, I decided to take another crack at it.  So last weekend, after finishing my second glass of wine, I registered for MultiSport Canada's Barrelman Triathlon this September.



Two weeks ago I did Ironman 70.3 Muskoka in 6:03:16, just 3min 16sec over my 6h goal time.  The last time I did Barrelman (Sept 2017), I completed the course in 6:00:05.5.  Again, so damn close to that 6hr goal time.   This year I've decided to keep the pedal to the medal and push on to finally break that 6h mark.  With race day less than 2 months away there is no time to waste.  I'm excited about continuing this process, stay tuned for updates as my training continues. 

Todays workout will focus on gaining some more power on the bike, so I'm going to hit the weights in the gym and build more leg strength.  Squats, leg presses, hip hinges and more. Let's fire up those glutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment