Friday 6 October 2017

Running Faster

The Waterfront 5k is just 16 days away.  I’ve been training hard the last few weeks, chasing my 5k PB and possibly a podium spot.  I’ve been hitting the weights, doing plyometrics, running intervals down on the Riverdale Park track and laying down hard tempo and threshold runs.  

And now its beginning to look like the speed training is paying off.   I re-did my race pace run this morning and I laid down a new PB!  I ran 5k in 21:43.   Last week I did the same 5k in 22:57. Yes, I am getting faster!  Indeed, I’ve already beaten the time the woman in my age group laid down to take first place in my age group at this event last year (21:57).  But I can’t be complacent - I have no idea who is going to show up and how fast they will run, so my training will continue.  I will stay focussed and keep running hard.   



No comments:

Post a Comment