Sunday 13 November 2016

Running Fitness Instruction

Now that it is officially the off-season for my triathlon and marathon training, I have more time to work on my professional development as a fitness leader.  As most of my loyal blog followers will know, I’m an avid runner and train for running events ranging from 5km up to marathon distance.  I enjoy sharing my love of running with others, not just as a fitness and weight loss tool, but also as a way to develop self-confidence and empowerment techniques for all my clients.   

So I am very pleased to officially announce that I have added the American Sports & Fitness Association - Running Fitness Instruction certification to my personal training portfolio.   


About the certificate: 
ASFA's Running Fitness Instruction Certification addresses different types of running preparation, running accessories and exercise program development.  Additionally, this certification covers endurance running, dynamic movement, nutrition, footwear, running program development and more.  With our certification, the fitness professional has the potential to maximize client results specific to running fitness.
This certification expands knowledge in the following areas:  1) Enhanced understanding of a diverse collection of dynamic movement and endurance running training methods;  2) Expanded knowledge in key aspects of running instruction such as flexibility, dynamic movement, run economy and more;  3) Ability to showcase specialized expertise in speed and endurance running preparation;  4) Greater understanding of gait, stride, cadence and other essential running fitness components.

***************************************

Many people working in the fitness industry like to run, but unless they have formal education leading to certification, they are not properly able to instruct others in: safe running form and technique, safely building up running programs, early identification of common running injuries and have the knowledge how to deal with them.  Stay safe and get good results with a certified running instructor and coach. 

So if you have been considering taking up running for weight management, want to run a personal best at your next 5km road race, or maybe you promised a friend you would do that charity 10K with her next spring, then contact me and lets get you running!  I have both the experience and certification to guide you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment