Monday 14 April 2014

The 2014 Yonge St 10km


My first road race of the year was the Yonge St 10K on Sunday, April 13.  Its part of the Canada Running Series - http://www.canadarunningseries.com/crs/index.htm   

It was a cool and cloudy start to the day, but despite the chill in the air and the passing threat of rain, the racing conditions were excellent considering the season.  This race is conveniently located in the heart of Toronto and gives the unique opportunity to entirely take over and run down one of the busiest streets in all of Canada.  

I had a fantastic run time of 46:57, which was over 10min faster than the overall average run time of 57:47.   
In my age category, I placed 29/440 (=6.5%)
In my gender category, I placed 186/3132 (=5.9%)
Which places me in the top 6.5% of the competing runners. I am very pleased with that result!  With continued effort and hard work I hope to get my 10km run time down to 45min very soon. 

A big congratulations to all my friends and fellow runners for the great showing yesterday.  


No comments:

Post a Comment