Thursday 2 May 2013

Tough Mudder Training

Time is getting close for my Tough Mudder Challenge next Saturday, May 11, 2013.  This is my next personal fitness challenge, and I'm lucky to have 3 of my girl friends - the iron ladies - to do this with.  
For those who haven't yet heard of this event here is a link from last years course for some perspective:


This event is a 10-12 mile obstacle course that has been designed by the British Special Forces for their own basic training. And now they've decided to share it with those fitness enthuasists crazy enough to give it a go.  Myself being one of them :)  We've been training since last fall for this and I'm getting excited.  I've designed bootcamps with rope crawling drills, hill sprints, punishing calisthenics, medicine ball and kettle weight drills for upper body strength and, of course, many laps around the track in order to get our butts in shape for the course.   

Be sure to check my blog in a few weeks time for my race report and some photos of the course and some very exhausted but pumped up ladies! Wish us luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment