Wednesday 3 October 2012

Triathlon - Duathlon!

Although I had planned to do the Sprint Triathlon, due to unsafe conditions at Kelso Lake (high bacterial counts), the swim portion of the race was cancelled, thereby changing the Triathlon to a Duathlon (2.5km run, 20m bike, 5km run).  I was disappointed not to swim but that's life, C'est la vie!
I finished the race in a time of 1:38:19.  Not too shabby considering I had not planned to do a Duathlon at all.  I've posted a couple race pics for you here. 

Still I'm determined to get an official Triathlon in this summer, so I've signed up for the Wasaga Beach Sprint Triathlon this weekend.  I'm hoping to get my time under 1:30:00.  I'll let you know how that goes as well.  Sometime after this race I'll be putting together a blog on my Triathlon training tips.  So stay tuned and wish me luck again! 





No comments:

Post a Comment